20 ways to use podcasts to build online content strategy and engage with a small business audience
Promote your podcast through your website, social media channels, and email marketing to build a loyal audience. Encourage listener engagement, ask for reviews and ratings, and incorporate their suggestions and feedback into future episodes.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Help generate creativity for blog content
KEY TAKE AWAY: There are endless possibilities for content ideas
VIDEO TIME: n/a
READ TIME: 1 minute 30 sec
NEXT STEP: Create a blog using one of these ideas or work with Brainstorm
CATEGORY: Getting Started With Digital Marketing
- Expert Interviews: Invite industry experts or thought leaders as guests on your podcast. Conduct interviews to share their insights, knowledge, and expertise with your small business audience.
- Solo Episodes: Host solo episodes where you provide valuable information, tips, and strategies related to your industry. Share your expertise and engage your audience through informative content.
- Customer Success Stories: Feature customers who have achieved success using your products or services. Interview them to share their experiences, challenges, and how your business contributed to their success.
- Industry News and Trends: Discuss the latest news, trends, and updates in your industry. Keep your audience informed about important developments and provide your own analysis and perspectives.
- Case Studies: Present case studies that showcase how your products or services have helped solve specific problems or achieve specific results. Share real-world examples and walk your audience through the process.
- Q&A Sessions: Dedicate episodes to answering questions from your audience. Encourage listeners to submit their questions and provide detailed answers and insights during the podcast.
- Educational Series: Create a series of episodes that focus on educating your audience about a specific topic or skill related to your industry. Break down complex concepts and provide actionable steps.
- Behind-the-Scenes Insights: Take your audience behind the scenes of your business. Share stories, challenges, and successes that provide a glimpse into your operations and build a personal connection.
- Product or Service Launches: Use podcasts to announce and discuss new product or service launches. Provide in-depth information, benefits, and answer listener questions to generate excitement.
- Collaborative Episodes: Collaborate with other podcasters or businesses in your industry. Host joint episodes where you share insights, discuss relevant topics, and cross-promote each other’s content.
- Book Reviews: Review books related to your industry or business. Share key takeaways, provide recommendations, and discuss how the book can benefit your audience.
- Inspirational Stories: Share inspiring stories of entrepreneurs or small businesses that have overcome challenges and achieved success. Highlight their journeys and lessons learned.
- Industry Insights from Conferences or Events: If you attend industry conferences or events, record episodes to share key insights, presentations, and interviews with industry leaders that can benefit your audience.
- Expert Panel Discussions: Host panel discussions with multiple experts or industry professionals on a specific topic. Facilitate an engaging conversation and provide diverse perspectives.
- Productivity and Time Management: Discuss strategies and techniques for improving productivity, time management, and work-life balance. Share tips and tools to help your audience optimize their workflow.
- Business Growth Strategies: Provide insights and tactics for growing a small business. Share marketing strategies, sales techniques, and operational tips to help your audience succeed.
- Local Business Spotlights: Showcase local small businesses in your area. Interview the owners, discuss their unique offerings, and promote the importance of supporting local enterprises.
- Entrepreneurial Journey: Share your own entrepreneurial journey, including successes, failures, and lessons learned along the way. Inspire and motivate your audience by being transparent about your experiences.
- Live Events and Meetups: Host live podcast events or meetups where you can interact with your audience in person. Record the episodes during these events and engage with attendees.
- Listener Feedback and Testimonials: Dedicate episodes to featuring listener feedback, testimonials, and success stories. Engage with your audience by acknowledging their contributions and providing valuable responses.